Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, A New Start!

When I started this blog, I promised myself it would be a way to document my kids' lives. The plan was to update frequently and have a record of all the fun things we did with the kids. This worked well when I just had Lias. I updated once a week and the plan worked well. However, when Riah June came along, the posts became more infrequent and the task of catching up just seems overwhelming. So, for the New Year, I'm going to start another attempt to document the kids' lives. Only this time, I won't document every little thing. I'll try to post once a week and post what I can. We'll see how well that goes.

2011 promises to be another exciting year for our family, as we welcome Baby #3. We look forward to meeting our sweet, kicking little baby. Many have asked but we will not be finding out the sex of this baby. The great thing about this is for once, I'm completely impartial as to which we have! I'd love a little boy for Lias and I'd also love a little girl for Riah. Either way, our family will welcome another tiny person to join our crazy household.

So, to start off: a quick update on each of the kids: Elias is 3 1/2 now. He talks a mile a minute and comes up with fascinating stories. He takes apart EVERYthing and loves his trains, cars and monster trucks. He's becoming such a little man. I see his Daddy in him more and more each day.

Riah June is 16 months. She's learning all sorts of new words and signs. She can fully communicate with us what she wants now, which helps with the crying. But, she'll always be a bit more dramatic than Lias so we do have quite a bit of crying still. She's a snuggler and so sweet. She got her first black eye last night and it's a real bruiser. I can't wait to see the little girl she's becoming!

Baby #3 is doing well. I'm 19 weeks and s/he kicks up a storm. I've only gained 4-5 pounds which concerns me but the doctor says it should be fine. We'll find out in five weeks at our ultrasound.

We're looking forward to a great year and lots of needed family time!

Hope all of your families are doing great! We'd love to hear from you!








2 comments:

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

Will be fun to see the pics,I miss your blog! :)

Unknown said...

Oh looove the photo of her wearing boots.

;) Time to update again, girl! ;)