Tuesday, May 22, 2012

On turning ONE...

Baby Eidel Jaine turned a year last week. How in the world could that have happened? My tiny baby went from this...
to this...
This year has been an insane one, medically for our little girl. She grew beautifully up until 4 months old. After that, she started losing weight and after numerous tests, they found fat in her stool. Which means that her body wasn't absorbing her food correctly. Five months of testing laster, (and a doctor change) after having a fever of 105 one night, we found out that she had a kidney infection, which had already gone into her blood. Super scary. They put her on crazy dangerous antibiotics and soon she was the happiest baby ever. In the 3 months since they've discovered her issue, she's progessed amazingly. She went from 13 lbs at 9 months to 19 lbs at 12 months! She went from not even rolling over at 9 months to rolling over, sitting up from laying down and crawling. She's now pulling up everywhere and trying to walk around things. We've been told that she's the smiliest baby people have ever seen. She’s got to be just so happy she’s not in pain anymore! I'm not sure where a full year has gone, or how my baby could be one, but I know she'll make the next year just as enjoyable! I can say, that this year, I've found my stride, my joy in being a mother. That's not to say that there aren't the I-want-to-pull-out-my-hair moments or the I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing ones but I've found the joy in the chaos. Which is great, since there's loads of that! Baby Eidel Jaine, this has been an amazing year with you and I hope for many more of your sweet smiles and snuggles!

No comments: