Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday, August 29 - Signing


On Sunday, I noticed that Elias was signing for "milk." When he was wanting to nurse, he started signing milk, but then he also did it at dinner time. I guess the sign for milk is his sign for "I'm hungry." The sign for milk is like you're milking a cow. He only does this with one hand, so it seems pretty certain that this is what it means. Guess only time will tell. And, yes, we are working on the grumbling while eating bit. It never seems that Mommy can shovel it in fast enough!

1 comment:

Traci K said...

I am a big advocate for the signing thing as I did it with both boys and believe it or not, when Jarin (5 years)gets frustrated, he'll start doing signs! It's amazing how at that age they can already pick things up that quickly and remember them! But it helps tremendously to be able to communicate with them and know what they want until they learn to talk. Keep up the good work, Elias! Love his room!